Harness Racing New Zealand is encouraging all trainers and drivers to renew their licences as quickly as possible.
“COVID-19 has forced a re-think on how we do things,” says HRNZ Racing and Marketing Manager Darrin Williams, “all licences will be completed on-line and there will be some new payment options.”
“In addition to the option to “pay now” when you complete the licence process, the HRNZ Board has approved the ability for you to be invoiced and begin paying the fee from future earnings prior to the start of the season, meaning the fee is not required up front.”
“It is still required prior to the start of the season but creates some time for payment to take place.”
HRNZ has also agreed that there will be no fees for our younger licence holders (30 years and younger). They will be fully paid by HRNZ provided their application is completed online by 30 June 2020.
“In trying financial times the HRNZ Board was very keen to find a way to continue support the youth of the industry with a policy that has been very well received and result in increasing the number of our younger trainers and drivers.”
Online licence renewals for the 2020/21 season are now open.
Please complete your renewal via your My HRNZ login via the HRNZ website (www.hrnz.co.nz).
- Your application (including payment) must be received by 30 June 2020.
- Payment can be made using the Pay And View Account option on your My HRNZ menu.
- For trainers and drivers only: If you would prefer, the licence fee can be paid by way of an attachment to your trainer or driver fees paid by HRNZ each fortnight.
- By choosing to pay by attachment, please be aware that the deductions will begin from the centralised stakes payment run on 17 June 2020.
- Full payment by an attachment to your trainer/driver fees must be completed by 28 July 2020.
- Your licence renewal cannot be completed while there is any balance owing to HRNZ.
- All drivers aged 55-64 must submit a medial assessment as part of the renewal process (click here for the form).
- All drivers aged 65 and over must submit a full medical assessment as part of the renewal process (click here for the form).
- All licence holders aged 30 years and under will have their fees fully paid by HRNZ provided their licence application is completed online by 30 June 2020.
You are also able to renew your licence via the HRNZ Infohorse App which can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.