Temperatures are predicted to soar over the weekend, especially in the northern parts of the state.
On hot days, please ensure your greyhounds:
- have ready access to lots of cool drinking water in non-spillable containers;
- have access to shade at all times when outside;
- exercise only in the cooler parts of the day;
- have good air flow through kennel buildings and/or well insulated buildings;
- only transport in air-conditioned vehicles ensuring internal temperature remains below 300C
- and monitor your greyhounds regularly.
For more information, visit https://greyhoundcare.grv.org.au/hot-weather/#GreyhoundsAndHotWeather