A Match Race will be conducted over the Victorian Greyhound Racing Clubs respective distance at selected Country Cup race meetings. The winner will receive $10,000 and runner-up $1,500.
- All greyhounds that compete in the respective clubs Cup heats the week prior to the Country Cup Night Match race and did not make the final 8 in the Country Cup Final, shall be eligible to nominate for the Event.
- Trainers must submit a nomination via FastTrack before the respective club’s nomination close time.
- The best two (2) nominated greyhounds suited to the format, as determined by representatives of Greyhound Racing Victoria (GRV) and Greyhound Clubs Victoria (GCV).
- Two reserve greyhounds will also be selected from the nominations received.
- Reserves will be randomly allocated reserve #9 and #10. If a scratching does occur, reserves will again be randomly allocated.
Conditions Of Entry
- The Match Race will be conducted over the respective clubs Cup distance.
- Greyhounds will jump from boxes 1 or 3
- In the case of less than three nominations being received by the respective club’s nomination close time, the Event will be cancelled.
- A greyhound under any order of prohibition that will not allow it to compete at the respective club, at the time of nominations closing will be deemed ineligible and not drawn into the Event.
- Greyhounds trained, or are from the same property shall not be drawn together in a match race.
- Upon entering this Event, trainers will make themselves and their greyhound available for any reasonable promotional opportunities relating to this Event at Greyhound Racing Victoria’s request.
- Greyhound Racing Victoria reserves the right to alter and amend the conditions.
- The above conditions apply to a Match Race being held at the following Country Cup race meetings:
- Ballarat 450m
- Bendigo 425m
- Geelong 520m
- Sale 650m
- Shepparton 450m
- Traralgon 450m
- Warragul 460m
- Warrnambool 450m