A pleasing total of 54 nominations have been received by the Met for the Glenys & Philip Kennard / Graphite Development Ltd Futurity Series that commences on 25 September at Addington with total estimated stakes of $70,000.
The well-patronised series caters for 3-year-old and older pacers assessed not faster than MR (Non-Winner) as at 1 July 2020.
A nominated horse must start at least twice in the period from 2 August to 22 October at a NZMTC meeting to be eligible for the Futurity Series Final on Show Day, 13 November.
Field selection for the final will be based on points earned in all totalisator races in New Zealand from 1 August 2020 to 3 November 2020.
It is proposed to run up to five races in the Series on:
• 25 September – ** Prelude – horses assessed up to R55
• 8 October – ** Prelude – horses assessed at MR
• 13 November – Futurity Series Final
• 27 November – ** Consolation – for all horses excluding those who were automatically qualified or did contest the series race on 13 November.
• 11 December – ** Consolation – for all horses nominated for the Futurity Series excluding those who finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Show Day Futurity, race on 13 November.
All series races will be run over 2600 metres from the mobile gate with a preferential barrier draw based on winning stakes (first place only).
** Subject to programming.
Full details and points to date table can be viewed on Addington’s website at https://www.addington.co.nz/racing/promotions-incentives/